There are plenty of reasons to get in on the recruiting action.
Many people have an incentive to do so.
But some of the top recruiters in the nation may be hiding something.
A few of them could be on a list that the U.S. Senate recently released.
The senators released a list of 10 top recruiting prospects in America.
The list included: – Alabama coach Nick Saban – Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin – Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher – Penn State head football coach James Franklin – Michigan head coach Brady Hoke – Nebraska head coach Mike Riley – Georgia head coach Mark Richt – Michigan State head athletic director Kirby Smart – Penn St assistant athletic director Kevin Anderson.
Some of these recruiters have ties to other schools.
The Senate released the list with the understanding that the information would not be made public.
The names are protected by the federal Freedom of Information Act.
In addition to Saban, these names include: – Kiffin, who is a former offensive coordinator at Alabama and Florida.
– Franklin, a former defensive line coach at Florida.
He is also a former Alabama assistant.
– Kinsley, a top recruit at Georgia.
He was a three-time first-team All-American at the defensive end position in 2016.
– Fisher, who was fired in February as Georgia’s head football program was reeling from a series of scandals.
– Richt, who won the Heisman Trophy last season.
The program was ranked No. 5 in the country.
– Smart, who took over as Michigan State’s coach in 2017.
He took over after the program was embroiled in scandal.
– Riley, who became Michigan State coach in January after the school was rocked by allegations of sexual misconduct.
The school’s investigation resulted in the dismissal of coach Mark Dantonio.
– Anderson, who spent six years at Tennessee after being fired in December.
He spent eight years as the defensive coordinator at LSU before taking the Tennessee job.
He left in March to become the head coach at Mississippi State.
– Hoke, who has a reputation for success in recruiting and is the current head coach of Florida.
In his time as Tennessee’s offensive coordinator, he has won six SEC championships.
– Bryant, who joined Alabama in May and is currently working with the Crimson Tide’s football recruiting staff.
He previously served as a recruiter at Florida State and LSU.
– Pennst, who left Florida in December as the team’s head coach.
He has a lengthy recruiting record, and was a top recruiter for the University of Georgia from 2008 to 2012.
The University of Tennessee has been one of the more active programs in the recruiting game.
Bryant has also recruited with the Volunteers since 2011.
– Loeffler, who worked at Texas A&M from 2012 to 2016.
The Aggies have two top-ranked recruiting classes this year.
He also has been a top coach in recruiting for the Longhorns.
Loefferl has a history of recruiting in South Florida.
Loeserl was the head recruiter to former Alabama and Clemson defensive backs coach Ed Orgeron.
Lopes, who led the Houston Cougars from 2015 to 2017, was a high school coach at New Jersey’s Camden County High School.
– Williams, who also worked at LSU and Florida State, as well as Auburn and Miami.
He worked for Texas A & M from 2010 to 2016 before taking over the coaching position at the University at Buffalo.
– Perry, who previously worked for Alabama and Michigan State.
He coached at Louisiana State University and at Florida from 2006 to 2010.
The Crimson Tide was ranked fifth in the SEC this year, while the Wolverines were fifth.
Perry was hired as Michigan’s defensive coordinator in January.
– Tressel, who had been Michigan’s head coaching search from 2012-15.
He had been at the helm of the Spartans since 2013.
He served as the offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach at Southern Methodist University.
– Gatt, who began his coaching career at Georgia, where he led the Bulldogs to a bowl game in each of his three seasons.
He started his coaching stint in 2013 at Georgia Tech.
– Patterson, who started his collegiate coaching career as the quarterbacks coach at Vanderbilt and then worked his way up to becoming the offensive line coach.
Patterson is a rising star in the coaching ranks and is considered one of college football’s brightest young talents.
– Young, who came to Michigan in 2017 after serving as a graduate assistant at Florida for a year.
Michigan is on the verge of the No. 2 spot in the College Football Playoff rankings.
This year’s recruiting class is loaded with talent.
There are a few names that will be hard to ignore.
Nick Saban has recruited some of these recruits.
He’s not on the list of top recruits in America, but he has a good relationship with a few of the guys on the committee.
He may not be on the Senate list, but Saban is not alone. He can